PA workers comp class codes are three to four digit numbers assigned by the Pennsylvania Compensation Rating Bureau (PCRB). Workers compensation classification codes contain your industries injury rates & are used to determine your base premium cost.
Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Classification Codes
So what are PA workers comp class codes? Workers comp class codes are created by the Pennsylvania Compensation Rating Bureau (PCRB), an organization that according to them:
"The PCRB is a non-profit corporation formed in 1915 in accordance with the insurance laws of Pennsylvania and is not affiliated with state government. The PCRB's enabling statute specified that classification of employers, underwriting rules, policy forms, loss cost values and rating plans for workers compensation shall be proposed by a rating bureau situated within the state. The PCRB is subject to supervision and examination by the Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner, who must approve its ability to compile loss costs on an equitable and impartial basis. The PCRB membership is comprised of all insurance carriers, including the State Workers' Insurance Fund ("SWIF"), authorized to sell workers compensation insurance in Pennsylvania.
The PCRB is not to be confused with the Bureau of Workers' Compensation, a division within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Department of Labor and Industry. That agency is responsible for a number of statutorily designated activities, including the conduct of hearings in contested cases involving workers compensation claims and the enforcement of requirements for employers to secure payment of workers compensation benefits for their employees. Although both the Bureau of Workers' Compensation and the PCRB are often referred to simply as "the Bureau," they are very different and distinct organizations."
For example, for a roofer, tree trimmer, or demolition company, the cost could be $17 per $100 in payroll, or even higher. On the other hand, the cost to cover a attorney, accountant or real estate agent could be under $0.20 per $100 of their payroll. So, for an employee that earns $40,000 a year, a blue collar contracting company could pay around $6800, where a white collar business may pay just $80. It all depends on the risk or injury associated with the code.
Workers Compensation Insurance Information
For more info including coverages and cost you can check out this article on: workers compensation insurance.
PA Workers Compensation Classification Codes List
PA workers comp class codes - some of the most searched class codes are:
- Workers comp code 0851 (Salesperosn - Outside)
- Workers comp code 0953 (Office)
... because the cost for Pennsylvania workers compensation base premiums are lower in these classes than most others.
Following is a list of the PA workers comp class codes. Both the code and class description are listed in numerical order:
- 0005 - Tree Pruning
- 0006 - Field Crop Vegetable Farm
- 0007 - Farm Machinery Operation
- 0008 - Mushroom Raising
- 0009 - Logging Lumbering, N.O.C.
- 0011 - Flower Raising
- 0012 - Landscape Contractor
- 0013 - Nursery
- 0015 - Logging Or Lumbering - Mechanized
- 0016 - Orchard
- 0025 - Mining - Underground
- 0028 - Oil Or Gas Production
- 0034 - Animal Raising
- 0036 - Dairy Farm
- 0050 - Quarries, N.O.C.
- 0051 - Quarry
- 0055 - Sand Excavation
- 0059 - Mineral Milling
- 0066 - Supplemental Loading For Class 447
- 0067 - Supplemental Loading For Class 445
- 0083 - Livestock Farm
- 0101 - Grain Milling
- 0103 - Sugar Refining
- 0104 - Food Products Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0105 - Bakery
- 0106 - Processed Meat Products Mfg.
- 0107 - Candy Mfg.
- 0108 - Brewery
- 0109 - Dairy Products Mfg.
- 0110 - Ice Cream Mfg.
- 0111 - Slaughterhouse
- 0112 - Carbonated Beverage Mfg.
- 0113 - Preserving Or Canning Of Food
- 0114 - Rendering
- 0115 - Tobacco Products Mfg.
- 0119 - Meat Products Mfg.
- 0130 - Textile Waste Mfg.
- 0132 - Spinning Or Weaving
- 0133 - Suppl. Loading Carcinogen
- 0134 - Knit Goods Mfg.
- 0135 - Hosiery Mfg.
- 0136 - Embroidery Mfg.
- 0139 - Dyeing
- 0141 - Laundry, N.O.C.
- 0142 - Dry Cleaning Plant
- 0152 - Non-Rateable Element For Class 615
- 0161 - Apparel Mfg.
- 0162 - Non-Rateable Element For Class 810
- 0163 - Textile Products Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0164 - Federal Coal Mine Coverage Loading
- 0165 - Mattress, Box Spring Mfg.
- 0166 - Canvas Burlap Products Mfg.
- 0170 - Fur Bearing Animal Farms
- 0176 - Supplemental Loading For Class 513
- 0185 - Employment Contractor Food Products Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0187 - Employment Contractor Candy Mfg.
- 0189 - Employment Contractor - Preserving Or Canning
- 0191 - Employment Contractor - Apparel Mfg.
- 0201 - Tanning
- 0204 - Shoe Mfg.
- 0205 - Leather Goods Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0221 - Plastic Mfg., Injection Molding
- 0222 - Plastic Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0225 - Rubber Goods Mfg.
- 0227 - Oilcloth Mfg.
- 0255 - Paper Mfg.
- 0257 - Paper Products Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0261 - Corrugated Box Container Mfg.
- 0263 - Paper Coating/Finishing
- 0265 - Stationery Products Mfg.
- 0275 - Employment Contractor - Plastics Mfg. - Injection Molding
- 0276 - Employment Contractor - Plastic Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0281 - Printing, N.O.C.
- 0282 - Newspaper Printing
- 0285 - Printing Sheet-Fed Press
- 0291 - Employment Contractor - Paper Or Pulp Mfg.
- 0297 - Employment Contractor - Printing
- 0301 - Saw Mill
- 0305 - Carpentry Shop
- 0306 - Woodenware Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0311 - Cabinet Works
- 0319 - Furniture Assembly
- 0323 - Furniture Mfg.
- 0327 - Furniture Upholstering, Shop
- 0402 - Smelting Or Galvanizing
- 0403 - Rolling Drawing Extruding Non-Ferrous Metals
- 0404 - Steel Mfg.
- 0406 - Rolling Mill
- 0407 - Tube Mfg.
- 0411 - Steel Fabricating
- 0413 - Iron Works
- 0415 - Fabricated Plate Work
- 0416 - Car Mfg.
- 0421 - Steel Foundry
- 0425 - Iron Foundry, N.O.C.
- 0427 - Malleable Foundry
- 0429 - Die Casting Mfg.
- 0431 - Forging
- 0433 - Tool Mfg.
- 0435 - Spring Mfg.
- 0441 - Tool Mfg, N.O.C.
- 0445 - Hardware Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0446 - Machined Parts Mfg.
- 0447 - Nonferrous Metals Foundry
- 0449 - Electroplating
- 0451 - Automobile Body Mfg.
- 0454 - Sheet Metal Products Fabrication, N.O.C.
- 0456 - Metal Furniture Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0457 - Wire Goods Mfg.
- 0458 - Jewelry Mfg.
- 0459 - Eyelet Mfg.
- 0461 - Machine Shop
- 0463 - Automobile Mfg.
- 0465 - Conveyor Mfg.
- 0467 - Ball Bearing Mfg.
- 0471 - Printed Circuit Board Assembly Or Electrical Wire Harness Mfg. - By Contractor
- 0472 - Electronic Coponent Mfg.
- 0473 - Electrical Apparatus Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0474 - Electric Power Equipment Mfg.
- 0475 - Battery Mfg.
- 0476 - Industrial Control Systems Manufacture/Assembly
- 0477 - Electric Motor Mfg. Or Repair
- 0483 - Office Machine Mfg.
- 0485 - Communications, Search, Detection Or Signal Processing Equipment Mfg.
- 0486 - Incandescent Light Bulb Electronic Tube Mfg.
- 0487 - Surgical Optical Instrument Mfg.
- 0488 - Electronic Measuring Or Analytical Instrument Mfg.
- 0489 - Dental Laboratory
- 0491 - Employment Contractor - Rolling, Drawing Or Extruding Nonferrous Metals
- 0493 - Employment Contractor - Hardware Mfg.
- 0495 - Employment Contractor - Automobile Body Mfg.
- 0497 - Employment Contractor - Electronic Component Mfg.
- 0499 - Employment Contractor - Battery Mfg.
- 0501 - Cement Mfg.
- 0502 - Plaster Statuary Mfg.
- 0506 - Powder Metal Products Mfg.
- 0507 - Graphite Products Mfg.
- 0509 - Asbestos Goods Mfg.
- 0511 - Concrete Products Manufacturing
- 0512 - Brick Mfg.
- 0513 - Pottery, N.O.C.
- 0514 - Refractory Product Mfg.
- 0520 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group A
- 0521 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group B
- 0522 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group C
- 0523 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group D
- 0524 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group E
- 0525 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group F
- 0526 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group G
- 0527 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group H
- 0528 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group I
- 0529 - Temporary Staff N.O.C. - Exposure Group J
- 0535 - Glass Or Glassware Mfg.
- 0536 - Glass Products Mfg.
- 0551 - Chemical Mfg., N.O.C.
- 0553 - Gases Mfg.
- 0555 - Drug Medicine Mfg.
- 0563 - Paint Mfg.
- 0571 - Soap Mfg.
- 0573 - Fertilizer Mfg.
- 0581 - Oil Refining
- 0587 - Employment Contractor - Paint Colors Mfg.
- 0601 - Road Construction
- 0603 - Sewer Construction
- 0605 - Railroad Construction
- 0606 - Oil Gas Well Drilling
- 0607 - Drilling, N.O.C.
- 0608 - Flat Cement Work
- 0609 - Excavation
- 0611 - Pile Driving
- 0615 - Tunneling
- 0617 - Gas, Steam Or Water Main Construction
- 0645 - Wallboard Installation
- 0646 - Furniture Fixtures Installation
- 0647 - Insulation Work
- 0648 - Carpentry - Installation Cabinet Work
- 0649 - Ceiling Installation
- 0651 - Carpentry - Commercial
- 0652 - Carpentry - Residential
- 0653 - Masonry
- 0654 - Concrete Construction
- 0655 - Iron Erection
- 0656 - Electric Line Construction
- 0657 - Rigging, N.O.C.
- 0658 - Iron Erection
- 0659 - Roofing - All Kinds
- 0660 - Alarms Or Sound System
- 0661 - Electrical Wiring - Buildings
- 0662 - Appliance Service Or Repair
- 0663 - Plumbing
- 0664 - Heating, Ventilating Air Conditioning Contractor
- 0665 - Painting
- 0666 - Plate Glass Installation
- 0667 - Paperhanging
- 0668 - Tile, Stone, Mosaic Terrazzo Work
- 0669 - Plastering
- 0670 - House Furnishings Installation, N.O.C.
- 0673 - Advertising Sign
- 0674 - Swimming Pool Construction
- 0675 - Machinery Equipment Erection Repair
- 0676 - Sheet Metal Installation
- 0677 - Boiler Installation
- 0679 - Advertising Company, Outdoor
- 0681 - Canvas Goods Erection
- 0691 - Employment Contractor - Excavation
- 0693 - Employment Contractor - Commercial Carpentry
- 0695 - Employment Contractor - Electrical Wiring
- 0709 - Tallymen And Checking Clerks
- 0716 - Marina
- 0718 - Boat Building Or Repair
- 0721 - Railroad Operation, N.O.C.
- 0744 - Aircraft Manufacture
- 0751 - Gas Utility
- 0752 - Oil Or Gas Pipeline Operation
- 0753 - Waterworks
- 0755 - Electric Utilities
- 0757 - Telecommunications Company
- 0759 - Cable Television Operations
- 0771 - Non-Rateable Element For Class 4771
- 0801 - Stable
- 0802 - Mobile Crane Rental With Operators
- 0803 - Taxicab Company
- 0804 - School Transportation
- 0805 - Milk Hauling
- 0806 - Furniture Moving Storage
- 0807 - Ambulance Service
- 0808 - Parcel Delivery
- 0809 - Fuel Distribution
- 0810 - Coal Trucking
- 0811 - Trucking
- 0812 - Mail Hauling Company
- 0813 - Warehousing
- 0814 - Dealer In Mobile, Self-Propelled Equipment
- 0815 - Automobile Service Center
- 0816 - Automobile Filling Station
- 0817 - Bus Operation
- 0818 - Automobile Dealer
- 0819 - Mobile, Self-Propelled Equipment Salesperson
- 0820 - Automobile Auction
- 0821 - Beverage Distributor
- 0825 - Automobile Storage Garage Or Parking Station Lot
- 0828 - Paratransit Service
- 0855 - Lumber Building Material Dealer
- 0857 - Metal Service Center
- 0858 - Ferrous Scrap Metal Dealer
- 0859 - Nonferrous Scrap Metal Dealer
- 0860 - Junk Dealer
- 0862 - Recycling Center
- 0865 - Poultry Fish Dealer/Processor
- 0867 - Employment Contractor - Warehousing
- 0871 - Temporary Furniture Store - Wholesale
- 0877 - Employment Contractor - Department Store
- 0879 - Employment Contractor - Packaging
- 0880 - Apartment House
- 0881 - Employment Contractor - Hardware Store
- 0882 - Residential Interior Cleaning Services
- 0883 - Employment Contractor - Retail Store, N.O.C.
- 0884 - Health Or Exercise Club
- 0885 - Plumbing Supplies Dealer Or Pipe Merchant -
- 0886 - Electrical Supplies Dealer
- 0887 - Museum
- 0888 - Homeowners Association
- 0889 - Employment Contractor - Clerical
- 0890 - Library - Public
- 0891 - Pre-School (Child Care Or Early Education) Services
- 0892 - Early Intervention
- 0893 - Intermediate Unit
- 0894 - Alternative School
- 0895 - Employment Contractor - College Or School
- 0896 - Club, N.O.C.
- 0897 - Fast-Food Restaurant
- 0898 - Caterer
- 0899 - Bar, Nightclub
- 0901 - Members Of Religious Orders
- 0902 - Members Of Religious Orders - Occasional
- 0903 - Labor Union
- 0904 - Investigative Agency
- 0905 - Architectural Consulting Firm
- 0907 - Fruit Or Vegetable Dealer
- 0908 - Domestic Workers - Inside
- 0909 - Domestic Workers - Outside
- 0910 - Meat Dealer
- 0911 - Grocery
- 0912 - Domestic Workers - Outside
- 0913 - Domestic Workers - Inside
- 0914 - Department Store
- 0915 - Meat, Fish Poultry Store
- 0916 - Clothing Or Dry Goods Store
- 0917 - Grocery Store
- 0918 - Bakery Shop
- 0919 - Florist Store
- 0920 - Jewelry Store
- 0921 - Furniture Store - Wholesale
- 0922 - Furniture Store
- 0923 - Packaging - Contract - Non-Crating
- 0924 - Wholesale Store, N.O.C.
- 0925 - Hardware Store - Retail
- 0926 - Hardware Store - Wholesale
- 0927 - Pharmacy, Retail
- 0928 - Retail Store, N.O.C.
- 0932 - Copying Or Duplicating Service
- 0933 - Vending Or Coin Operated Machine
- 0934 - Automobile Parts And Accessory Store
- 0935 - Lumber Building Material Dealer
- 0936 - Broadcasting Station
- 0939 - Carnival
- 0940 - Residential Care Facility Individuals With Intellectual Disabilities
- 0941 - Social Rehabilitation Facility
- 0942 - Home Health Care Services
- 0943 - Home Care Services
- 0944 - Club
- 0945 - Hotel Restaurant
- 0946 - Employment Contractor - Medical
- 0948 - Mailing Addressing Company
- 0949 - Employment Contractor - Temporary Marketing
- 0951 - Salesperson Outside
- 0952 - Office Machine Service Repair
- 0953 - Office
- 0954 - Security Agency
- 0955 - Engineering, Consulting Firm
- 0956 - Law Firm
- 0957 - Physician Dentist
- 0958 - Rehabilitation Hospitals
- 0959 - Veterinarians
- 0960 - Nursing Convalescent Home
- 0961 - Hospital
- 0962 - Accounting Financial Auditing Firm
- 0963 - Church
- 0964 - Work Center
- 0965 - College Or School, N.O.C.
- 0966 - Television, Video, Audio Radio Equipment Service Or Repair
- 0967 - Theatres
- 0968 - Amateur Sports, Recreational Or Facility, Indoor
- 0969 - Amusement, Outdoor
- 0970 - Athletic Team - Contact Sports
- 0971 - Commercial Buildings
- 0972 - Attendant Care
- 0973 - Hotel
- 0974 - Retirement Or Life Care Community
- 0975 - Restaurant, N.O.C.
- 0976 - Community Center
- 0977 - Barber Shop Beauty Parlor Hair Styling Salon
- 0978 - Camp, Summer Or Winter
- 0979 - Residential Facility For The Elderly - Non-Medical
- 0980 - City, Township
- 0981 - Casino Gambling
- 0982 - Workfare Program Employees
- 0983 - Housing Authority
- 0984 - Insurance Company
- 0985 - Police Or Firefighters, Salaried
- 0986 - Adult Shelter Or Halfway House - Residential - Non-Medical
- 0987 - Check Cashing Services
- 0988 - Bank
- 0991 - Athletic Team - Noncontact Sports
- 0992 - Sanitation Company
- 0993 - Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
- 0994 - Volunteer Fire Company
- 0995 - Rubbish Or Garbage Removal
- 0996 - Volunteer Hazmat Team
- 0997 - Undertakers
- 0999 - Cemetery
- 4771 - Explosives Mfg.
- 4777 - Explosives Distributor
- 6824 - Boat Building Or Repair
- 6826 - Marina
- 6843 - Ship Building, Iron Or Steel
- 6872 - Ship Repair Or Conversion - All Operations
- 7309 - Stevedoring, N.O.C.
- 7313 - Coal Dock Operation And Stevedoring
- 7317 - Stevedoring - By Hand Or Hand Truck Exclusively
- 7327 - Stevedoring - Containerized Freight
- 7366 - Freight Handlers
- 7405 - Aircraft Operation
- 7413 - Aircraft Operation
- 7421 - Aircraft Operation
- 7424 - Aircraft Operation, N.O.C.
- 7428 - Airport Operation
- 7445 - Non-Rateable Element For Class 7405
- 7453 - Non-Rateable Element For Class 7413
- 8709 - Stevedoring - Tallymen And Checking Clerks
- 8726 - Steamship Line Or Agency - Port Employees
- 9740 - Terrorism
- 9741 - Catastrophe
- 9985 - Radiation Exp. - No Govt
Workers Comp Insurance Articles
If you are looking for more information on workers compensation: Pennsylvania Workers Compensation For Restaurants.
Further Reading On Worker's Comp Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- How To Reduce Workers Compensation Premiums
- How To Understand Your Workers Compensation Experience Modification Factor
- How Much Does Workers Comp Cost In California?
- How Much Does Workers Comp Cost In Texas?
- Texas Workers Compensation Laws For Employers
- Uninsured Subcontractors Workers Compensation
- Workers Comp Insurance Audit
- Workers Compensation Classification Codes
- Workers Compensation Code 8810
- Workers Compensation For Restaurants
PA Worker's Comp Insurance Quotes
Request a Worker's Comp Insurance quote in Allentown, Allison Park, Altoona, Baldwin, Bensalem, Bethel Park, Bethlehem, Bloomsburg, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Chester, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Fullerton, Greensburg, Hanover, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Hermitage, Hershey, Horsham, Indiana, Johnstown, King of Prussia, Lancaster, Lansdale, Lebanon, Levittown, McKeesport, Monroeville, Murrysville, New Castle, Norristown, Philadelphia, Phoenixville, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Pottsville, Reading, Scranton, State College, Upper Darby, West Chester, West Mifflin, Wilkes-Barre, Wilkinsburg, Williamsport, Willow Grove, York and all other cities in PA.
Pennsylvania Insurance Regulations
There are some regulations when it comes to Pennsylvania insurance that you should be aware of. We will be looking closely at both personal and commercial insurance within PA to find out what the regulations and limits are, so that whether you own a business or simply drive a car, you are able to get the insurance that is required by law. Understanding what the law requires the first step to making sure that you are compliant. Let's take a close look at these types of insurance.
PA Commercial Insurance
First, let's discuss business insurance. There are lots of different types of business insurance that you can get, but the most common one out there is what is called commercial liability or general liability insurance. This type of insurance protects you in case you are sued by someone who comes on your property and is injured or has their property damaged by something that happens on your premises. This may be something as simple as slipping on a wet floor or it might be a parking lot mishap the damages the vehicles there. However, this is not a mandatory type of insurance required by Pennsylvania law.
There are two types of insurance that are required in Pennsylvania however. These are pretty standard across most states. The first is Worker's Compensation insurance which is sort of like health insurance for anyone who is injured on the job. In addition, Pennsylvania requires that commercial vehicles that are actively being used in a business carry commercial auto insurance.
Pennsylvania Personal Insurance
You also need to know what the regulations are for personal insurance. The first type of insurance we will cover is auto insurance. In Pennsylvania, you are required to carry liability insurance for bodily injury of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. In addition, property damage liability coverage is required at an amount of $5000. You are also required to carry uninsured motorist coverage at $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident as well as underinsurance motorist coverage at $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. Finally, Pennsylvania requires first party benefits medical payments coverage of $5000. This is a great deal more than is required in most states.
There also some life insurance regulations that you will find under Title 40 of the state statutes. A free look period of 10 days is required for life insurance, there is a grace period on payments of 30 days and there is a guaranteed benefits and cash value law as well.
Workers Compensation Insurance Class Codes
If you are looking for state specific Workers Comp Insurance class codes, costs and information: California Workers Comp Class Codes, Colorado Workers Comp Class Codes, Delaware Workers Comp Class Codes, Florida Workers Comp Class Codes, Illinois Workers Comp Class Codes,Florida Workers Comp Class Codes, New Jersey Workers Comp Class Codes, New York Workers Comp Class Codes, Oregon Workers Comp Class Codes, Pennsylvania Workers Comp Class Codes, Texas Workers Comp Class Codes.
EK Insurance » Workers Compensation » PA Workers Comp Class Codes
So in almost every state, the classification for clerical work is Code 8810. But in Pennsylvania and Delaware, it's Code 953.
Code 5610 applies to employers engaged in removing construction or erection debris provided they are not engaged in construction or erection operations.
Classification 8810, Clerical Office Employees, is applicable to workers who are engaged exclusively (100 percent) in clerical activities with no additional duties. In addition, clerical office employees must work in a separate area within which no work other than clerical office work is performed.
OR workers comp class codes are four digit numbers assigned by The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI). Oregon workers compensation classification codes contain industry standard injury rates & are used to determine the UO base premium cost.
Governing classification is the workers' compensation classification that applies to the majority of an employer's payroll other than one of the standard exception classes. It is the classification that usually identifies the kind of work that is done by the employer.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes are used to identify industry areas in the United States. Industries are assigned four-digit codes that distinguish them based on characteristics shared between the companies that are assigned the code.
Description. Code 5701 applies to employers engaged in building wrecking or demolition work other than marine wrecking, demolition of bridges, tanks, towers and other structures.
Classification 8742, Salespersons – outside, applies to employees who spend 100 percent of their work time in the field, calling customers and performing activities to promote their employer's business.
Code 8018 applies to employers engaged in wholesale selling of merchandise not described by a specialty wholesale store classification. This classification includes internet or mail order sales to individuals of merchandise not described by a specialty wholesale store classification.
You might also see the acronym "NOC" at the end of a classification code. It stands for "not otherwise classified" and means you were given a general code for the position, not a specific one.
- Open the Google Classroom app on your device.
- Tap the class card for the class you want the code for.
- Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the "General" section and the class code will be listed there.
General liability class codes, or GL class codes, are typically five-digit numbers insurance companies use to classify businesses into different categories of risk. GL class codes help insurers determine the correct coverage, exclusions, and rates when they issue general liability insurance.
A Risk ID or Risk Identification Number is a 9-digit numerical code that is assigned to your company by a rating bureau known as the NCCI—which is the National Council on Compensation Insurance. This code uniquely identifies your company. Your Risk ID number is associated with your Worker's Compensation Coverage.
Class codes are determined by the main operations of the company. For example, say a company is in the business of manufacturing clothing and an employee will only be packaging the final product.
The Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) is a four-digit coding system that classifies companies based on their business activities. SIC codes were introduced in 1937 to standardize how government agencies collect, measure, analyze, and present statistical data on business activities.
How many SIC Codes are there? In the official U.S. Government SIC Code system, there are a total of 1,514 codes (included in the 2-digit, 3-digit, and 4-digit levels).
A NAICS (pronounced NAKES) Code is a classification within the North American Industry Classification System. The NAICS System was developed for use by Federal Statistical Agencies for the collection, analysis and publication of statistical data related to the US Economy.
Even though you're able to make the final decision on the contractor and construction company you want to hire, it's important to understand that demolition work can only be done by a licensed contractor in California. If you hire a demolition contractor, they must have a class C-21 license.
To get a C-21 license in California, you must prove a minimum of 4 years of journeyman level experience and pass a two-part state exam with the Contractor State License Board.
Description. Code 8017 applies to employers operating retail stores principally engaged in selling merchandise that is not described by a specialty retail store classification. Specialty stands or stores serving ice cream and soft drinks, frozen custard or yogurt are also included in this classification.
The NAICS code system is used by your company's health insurance carrier, your worker's comp carrier, and a variety of other insurance companies to compute premiums and risk.
Not Otherwise Classified (NOC) HCPCS CODE USE.
Your National Occupation Classification (NOC) code is the number the job is listed under in Canada's official job classification system.
Class codes, also called classification codes or workers' comp classification codes, are three- or four-digit codes that insurance companies use to estimate rates. Codes are based on the risks associated with each type of work an employee performs.
To find the class code on the web
Click on the name of the class on the left-hand side of your Remind.com account, and then the settings tab. The code will be visible and editable here.
Unfortunately, that's not currently possible in Google Classroom. Only the teacher has access to the class code.
The ISO classification system starts with a 5-digit code that describes the industry of the insured—Manufacturing or Processing (Codes 50000 to 59999), Contracting or Servicing (90000 to 99999), Mercantile (10000 to 19999), Building or Premises—office or space leased to others (60000 to 69999), and Miscellaneous (40000 ...
Commercial general liability class codes are assigned to businesses by insurance companies based on industry to represent some of the most common hazards and risks that are associated with that industry.
Schedule Of Hazards
The classification is a description of the operations you perform. The class code is the corresponding numerical code for the description of operations. The premium basis is the rating factor, which determines the risk level for the classification code.
You or your insurance broker can typically access this number online through NCCI or your state bureau by searching with your FEIN or corporate name. You can also find it by looking on your worker's compensation policy.
Experience rating worksheets provide the history that is used to calculate your business's experience rating. If you are the carrier of record or have a valid letter of authority on file, you can access an insured's experience rating worksheet through Riskworkstation™ at ncci.com.
The Experience Rating Plan is a state-mandated program that uses an individual employer's actual incurred loss experience and compares it to average losses of similarly classified businesses.
Pennsylvania is not an NCCI state like most other states. They utilize their own rating system and oversee workers' comp rates in Pennsylvania. The state does allow private insurance companies to compete with regard to base manual rates.
- Inform Your Employer of Your Injury. ...
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention. ...
- File Your Claim With the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. ...
- Fill Out All the Required Workers' Compensation Claim Forms.
Pennsylvania's maximum workers' compensation rate for 2022 is $1,205. To receive compensation as close to this maximum rate as possible, it is important to properly calculate your AWW. An experienced workers' compensation attorney can help ensure you receive the wage loss benefits you are entitled to.
The workers' compensation system protects employees and employers. Employees receive medical treatment and are compensated for lost wages associated with work-related injuries and disease, and employers provide for the cost of such coverage while being protected from direct lawsuits by employees.
- New Jersey.
- New York.
How much does workers' compensation insurance cost in Pennsylvania? Estimated employer rates for workers' compensation in Pennsylvania are $1.26 per $100 in covered payroll. Your cost is based on a number of factors, including: Payroll.
The short answer is “no.” It is prohibited by Pennsylvania's workers' comp law to fire employees in retaliation for: Reporting a workplace injury or illness; Filing a workers' compensation claim; Winning a claim; or.
Compensation payable. (a) In computing the time when the disability becomes compensable, the day the injured employee is unable to continue at work by reason of the injury shall be counted as the first day of disability in the 7 day waiting period.